Teamsters reach tentative deal with YRC Worldwide
Jan 17 (Reuters) - The Teamsters union said it has reached a tentative agreement with trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc for a new labor contract that sets the stage for the struggling company to push ahead with a refinancing plan.
YRC shares rose 10 percent in extended trading after closing at $15.82 on the Nasdaq.
The deal, which would need to be ratified by union members, would save about 30,000 jobs at the company, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters said in a statement.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S