Osisko rejects Goldcorp's unsolicited takeover bid
TORONTO Jan 20 (Reuters) - Osisko Mining Corp on Monday rejected an unsolicited C$2.6 billion ($2.37 billion) takeover bid from its larger rival Goldcorp Inc, saying the offer was financially inadequate and not in the best interests of its shareholders.
"Goldcorp's offer significantly undervalues Osisko's world-class Canadian Malartic mine, and the rest of the company's portfolio of high-potential projects in North America," Osisko said in a statement.
The company advised its shareholders to reject the hostile bid and not tender their shares into the Goldcorp offer.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |