Osisko rejects Goldcorp's unsolicited takeover bid
TORONTO Jan 20 (Reuters) - Osisko Mining Corp on Monday rejected an unsolicited C$2.6 billion ($2.37 billion) takeover bid from its larger rival Goldcorp Inc, saying the offer was financially inadequate and not in the best interests of its shareholders.
"Goldcorp's offer significantly undervalues Osisko's world-class Canadian Malartic mine, and the rest of the company's portfolio of high-potential projects in North America," Osisko said in a statement.
The company advised its shareholders to reject the hostile bid and not tender their shares into the Goldcorp offer.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand