Qatar's Barwa Real Estate selling Barwa Bank stake for $656 mln
DUBAI Jan 20 (Reuters) - Qatar's Barwa Real Estate (BRE) said on Monday it had agreed to sell its 37.34 percent stake in unlisted Barwa Bank for 2.39 billion riyals ($656 million).
The deal, which still requires government approval, is part of an existing agreement with Qatari Diar under which BRE is selling some of its assets to the government-owned property developer to help pay off some of its debt facilities, BRE said in a bourse filing.
The transaction would reflect positively in BRE's fourth-quarter results for 2013, the statement added. ($1 = 3.6415 Qatar riyals) (Reporting by David French; Editing by Andrew Torchia)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source