Zain Saudi Q4 net loss widens, misses estimates
Jan 20 (Reuters) - Telecom operator Zain Saudi reported a widening fourth-quarter loss on Monday, missing analyst expectations.
Saudi Arabia's No.3 mobile company, 37-percent owned by Kuwait's Zain, made a net loss of 462 million riyals ($123.2 million) in the three months to Dec. 31. This compares with a net loss of 443 million riyals in the prior-year period.
Analysts on average forecast a net loss for the quarter of 375.7 million riyals in a Reuters poll.
Zain Saudi's full-year net loss for 2013 was 1.65 billion riyals. It made a net loss of 1.75 billion riyals a year earlier. ($1 = 3.7505 Saudi riyals) (Reporting by Matt Smith; Editing by David French)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy