Advanced Micro reports quarterly profit
Jan 21 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices Inc posted a fourth-quarter profit compared with a year-ago loss, as sales of new gaming consoles offset falling demand for personal computers.
Net profit was $89 million, or 12 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 28, compared with a loss of $473 million, or 63 cents per share a year earlier.
Excluding items, AMD earned 6 cents per share.
Revenue rose 37 percent to $1.59 billion.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources