Advanced Micro reports quarterly profit
Jan 21 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices Inc posted a fourth-quarter profit compared with a year-ago loss, as sales of new gaming consoles offset falling demand for personal computers.
Net profit was $89 million, or 12 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 28, compared with a loss of $473 million, or 63 cents per share a year earlier.
Excluding items, AMD earned 6 cents per share.
Revenue rose 37 percent to $1.59 billion.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data