Comcast adds Barclays as adviser on Time Warner Cable deal-sources
NEW YORK Jan 21 (Reuters) - Comcast Corp has added Barclays PLC as an adviser as the top U.S. cable provider evaluates a potential deal for Time Warner Cable Inc , according to people familiar with the matter.
Comcast hired Barclays late last year to review its deal options, along with JPMorgan Chase & Co that it had earlier tapped for advice, the people said.
The people asked not to be named because the matter is not public. Representatives from Comcast and Barclays declined to comment.
Reuters reported on Dec. 6 that Comcast brought in JPMorgan as a financial adviser as speculation about cable industry consolidation increased in the past several months.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Ebola deaths surge in Sierra Leone and Liberia: WHO
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials