LED maker Cree's profit jumps 75 pct
Jan 21 (Reuters) - LED maker Cree Inc reported a 75 percent rise in second-quarter profit, driven by higher sales in its lighting products business, sending its shares up 5 percent in extended trading.
Net income rose to $35.7 million, or 29 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 29, from $20.4 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 20 percent to $415.1 million. Revenue from its lighting products jumped 41 percent to $321.6 million.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to deploy 3,000 troops as Ebola crisis worsens
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |