EQT raises EUR 1.1 bln for mid market fund
STOCKHOLM Jan 21 (Reuters) - Swedish private equity firm EQT said on Tuesday it had raised 1.1 billion euros ($1.49 billion) for a fund that will invest in mid-sized companies in Northern Europe, Greater China and Southeast Asia.
EQT said a typical deal size for the fund would be between 80 and 150 million euros in Northern Europe and up to 200 million euros in Asia, and that it saw deals coming in family- and entrepreneur-owned businesses as well as listed companies.
Existing investors in EQT funds had put in 95 percent of the money, EQT said, adding 51 percent was raised from institutional investors in the Nordic region.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine