UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan. 21
LONDON Jan 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 18-22 points, or 0.3 percent higher, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* Asian shares rose on Tuesday after the Chinese central bank offered emergency funds to cool money market rates and ease the country's latest cash crunch.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 7.43 points, or 0.1 percent, at 6,836.73 points on Monday, having hit an eight-month high at 6,840 points on Friday.
* In terms of domestic economic data, January CBI trends orders are due at 1100 GMT.
* The International Monetary Fund is set to upgrade its growth forecast for the UK more than any other major economy, according to media reports.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
SABMILLER issues a trading update
UNILEVER reports fourth-quarter results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment