Insurer Travelers profit soars as disaster losses slide
Jan 21 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a more than three-fold rise in fourth-quarter profit as the company earned higher premiums and disaster losses declined.
The company's net income rose to $988 million, or $2.70 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $304 million, or 78 cents per share, a year earlier.
Operating earnings were $2.68 per share.
Total revenue rose 4 percent to $6.74 billion.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Traveler from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S. |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead