Unilever 2013 turnover down 3 percent
LONDON Jan 21 (Reuters) - Consumer goods maker Unilever reported a decline in full-year turnover on Tuesday, as sales were hit by a slowdown in some emerging markets.
The Anglo-Dutch maker of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Lipton tea and Dove soap, which generates more than half its sales from developing and emerging markets, said turnover for the full year fell 3 percent, hit by foreign exchange rates and divestments.
Underlying sales rose 4.3 percent for the year and 4.1 percent in the fourth quarter.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |