Ukraine will not declare state of emergency -presidential aide
KIEV (Reuters) - A senior aide to President Viktor Yanukovich said on Tuesday there would be no declaration of a state of emergency to end the unrest in Ukraine that has brought violent confrontation between protesters and police in the capital.
Asked by a journalist if the presidency was considering such a step, Andriy Klyuev, secretary of the National Council of Security and Defense, said: "There will be no declaration of a state of emergency."
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data