Chipmaker Xilinx's profit rises 70 percent
Jan 21 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Xilinx Inc reported a 70 percent jump in quarterly profit as sales rose in its wired communications, aerospace and defense businesses.
Net income jumped to $175.9 million, or 61 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $103.6 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $586.8 million.
Chips made by Xilinx are sold off the shelf and can be programmed by customers.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N