Chipmaker Xilinx's profit rises 70 percent
Jan 21 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Xilinx Inc reported a 70 percent jump in quarterly profit as sales rose in its wired communications, aerospace and defense businesses.
Net income jumped to $175.9 million, or 61 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $103.6 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $586.8 million.
Chips made by Xilinx are sold off the shelf and can be programmed by customers.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video