UPDATE 1-AT&T sees gain of about $7.6 bln in fourth quarter
Jan 22 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc said it expects to record a non-cash, pre-tax gain of about $7.6 billion in the fourth quarter from its pensions and post-employment benefit plans.
The gain will not affect its operating results or margins in the quarter ended Dec. 31, the company said in a regulatory filing. ()
AT&T said the gain included asset gains, which were about $3.2 billion above its assumed rate of return of 7.75 percent.
The company said it expects to record a charge of about $500 million related to employee termination and other employee-related charges.
AT&T is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on Jan 28.
AT&T shares were flat in trading after the bell. They closed at $33.34 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video