UPDATE 1-AT&T sees gain of about $7.6 bln in fourth quarter
Jan 22 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc said it expects to record a non-cash, pre-tax gain of about $7.6 billion in the fourth quarter from its pensions and post-employment benefit plans.
The gain will not affect its operating results or margins in the quarter ended Dec. 31, the company said in a regulatory filing. ()
AT&T said the gain included asset gains, which were about $3.2 billion above its assumed rate of return of 7.75 percent.
The company said it expects to record a charge of about $500 million related to employee termination and other employee-related charges.
AT&T is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on Jan 28.
AT&T shares were flat in trading after the bell. They closed at $33.34 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ