Chili's owner Brinker's quarterly results beat estimates
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Brinker International Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by higher comparable-restaurant sales at its Chili's and Maggiano's Little Italy chains.
Brinker shares were up 5 percent in premarket trading.
Net income rose 7 percent to $39.7 million, or 58 cents per share, in the second quarter ended Dec. 25, from $37.2 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, Brinker earned 59 cents per share.
Sales at company-owned Chili's restaurants open for at least 18 months rose 0.7 percent.
Same-restaurant sales at Maggiano's rose 0.9 percent.
Total revenue rose 2 percent to $704.4 million.
Analysts on average were expecting Brinker to report adjusted earnings of 58 cents per share on revenue of $699.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Dallas-based Brinker's shares had closed at $46.69 on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday. (Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore and Lisa Baertlein in Los Angeles; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset