Einhorn's hedge fund adds new positions in Micron and BP -letter
BOSTON Jan 22 (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager David Einhorn, whose Greenlight Capital ranked among last year's best performers, said he had taken new stakes in BP Plc, Anadarko Petroleum Corp and Micron Technology Inc .
The fund returned 19.5 percent last year. Einhorn said bets on iPad and iPhone maker Apple Inc, General Motors Co , the Japanese yen and Micron had boosted returns, while Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc and U.S. Steel Corp hurt.
Einhorn detailed the moves in an investment letter obtained by Reuters.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |