Einhorn's hedge fund adds new positions in Micron and BP -letter
BOSTON Jan 22 (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager David Einhorn, whose Greenlight Capital ranked among last year's best performers, said he had taken new stakes in BP Plc, Anadarko Petroleum Corp and Micron Technology Inc .
The fund returned 19.5 percent last year. Einhorn said bets on iPad and iPhone maker Apple Inc, General Motors Co , the Japanese yen and Micron had boosted returns, while Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc and U.S. Steel Corp hurt.
Einhorn detailed the moves in an investment letter obtained by Reuters.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation