AT&T sees gain of about $7.6 billion in fourth quarter
(Reuters) - AT&T Inc (T.N) said it expects to record a non-cash, pre-tax gain of about $7.6 billion in the fourth quarter from its pensions and post-employment benefit plans.
The gain will not affect its operating results or margins in the quarter ended December 31, the company said in a regulatory filing. (link.reuters.com/jeh36v)
AT&T said the gain included asset gains, which were about $3.2 billion above its assumed rate of return of 7.75 percent.
The company said it expects to record a charge of about $500 million related to employee termination and other employee-related charges.
AT&T is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on Jan 28.
AT&T shares were flat in trading after the bell. They closed at $33.34 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Chandni Doulatramani in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ