Italy receives 'terrorist threats' regarding Sochi Olympics
ROME (Reuters) - The Italian Olympic Committee said on Wednesday it had received an email containing "terrorist threats" involving the Winter Olympic Games due to start next month in Sochi, Russia.
"The Olympic Committee has sent the contents of the email to the authorities in charge of security," the body said in a statement.
Italy is one of a series of countries to report receiving such threats on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Naomi O'Leary; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source