German Olympic Committee received same Sochi threat emails as Hungary
BERLIN (Reuters) - The German Olympic Committee said on Wednesday it had received the same emails threatening attacks at the upcoming Winter Olympic Games as its Hungarian counterpart and had forwarded them to German authorities.
The committee's spokesman said in an email to Reuters that the mails appeared to have been sent widely.
"We take all tips on security questions seriously and are in close contact with the relevant German authorities" said spokesman Christian Klaue.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead