German Olympic Committee received same Sochi threat emails as Hungary
BERLIN (Reuters) - The German Olympic Committee said on Wednesday it had received the same emails threatening attacks at the upcoming Winter Olympic Games as its Hungarian counterpart and had forwarded them to German authorities.
The committee's spokesman said in an email to Reuters that the mails appeared to have been sent widely.
"We take all tips on security questions seriously and are in close contact with the relevant German authorities" said spokesman Christian Klaue.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy