Chipmaker Altera quarterly revenue up on sales of new products
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Programmable chip maker Altera Corp reported a 3 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by sales of its new products.
Shares were up 4 percent in extended trading, after closing at $32.93 on the Nasdaq on Thursday.
Net income fell to $98.9 million, or 31 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $120.8 million, or 37 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $454.4 million.
Altera's semiconductor chips are sold off the shelf and can be programmed by customers to do specific tasks.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Protesters mark two weeks since police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |