Icahn buys another $500 million of Apple shares
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 23 (Reuters) - Activist investor Carl Icahn picked up another $500 million of Apple Inc shares on Thursday, taking his total investment in the iPhone maker to $3.6 billion.
The billionaire, who repeatedly called the company a "no brainer" investment while he wages a campaign to get it to return more cash to shareholders, tweeted his latest move just a day after revealing a position of over $3 billion in the company.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape