Discover Financial profit rises 11 pct
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Credit card issuer Discover Financial Services reported an 11 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit as more consumers used cards to make payments.
Net income allocated to common stockholders rose to $588 million, or $1.23 per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $530 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue net of interest expense rose 6 percent to $2.13 billion.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command