Discover Financial profit rises 11 pct
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Credit card issuer Discover Financial Services reported an 11 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit as more consumers used cards to make payments.
Net income allocated to common stockholders rose to $588 million, or $1.23 per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $530 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue net of interest expense rose 6 percent to $2.13 billion.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic