Hyundai Motor plans to launch small SUV in China this year
SEOUL Jan 23 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co plans to roll out a small sport utility vehicle (SUV) in China this year, its chief financial officer said on Thursday, as the South Korean automaker hopes to increase its China sales by more than 10 percent in 2014.
The CFO, Lee Won-hee, said the new model will be smaller than its Tucson compact SUV.
He also said Hyundai aims to sell more than 1.13 million vehicles in China, helped by a capacity increase at its third Chinese plant and its new commercial vehicle factory there. Last year, Hyundai sold 1.03 million vehicles in China, up 21 percent from the previous year.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin)
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act