PZ Cussons Nigeria H1 pretax profit up 53 pct
LAGOS Jan 23 (Reuters) - PZ Cussons Nigeria, a unit of the UK-based soap and shampoo maker, said on Thursday its half year pre-tax profit rose 53 percent to 3.07 billion naira ($19.25 million), from 2.01 billion naira a year earlier.
The household products maker is proposing an interim dividend of 19.91 naira per share from the profit earned in the period to November last year.
Revenue in the period rose by 4.7 percent to 32.46 billion naira, from 31 billion naira in the same period a year earlier, the company said in a filing with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, accounts for around a third of PZ Cussons total revenue.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details