Qualcomm acquires patent portfolio from HP
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Qualcomm Inc acquired a patent portfolio from Hewlett-Packard Co, including those of its iPaq smartphone, for an undisclosed amount.
The portfolio comprises about 1,400 granted patents and pending patent applications from the United States and about 1,000 granted patents and pending patent applications from other countries.
The patents cover technologies that include fundamental mobile operating system techniques, the companies said in a statement.
The patents also include those that HP acquired when it bought Palm Inc in 2010 and Bitfone in 2006.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data