Bank of Spain says GDP grew by 0.3 pct in Q4 2013
MADRID Jan 23 (Reuters) - The Spanish economy grew by 0.3 percent in the fourth quarter from a quarter earlier, the Bank of Spain said on Thursday, the second quarter of expansion after over two years of recession.
The central bank also said Gross Domestic Product shrank 1.2 percent in 2013 from a year earlier. Both figures are in line with government estimates made public last week.
Official preliminary data from the National Statistics Institute is due January 30 while the final figure will be published February 27.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |