Brazil cenbank says monitoring Argentina's situation
BRASILIA Jan 24 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank is very closely monitoring economic developments in Argentina, a bank official said on Friday, a day after the neighboring country's peso currency suffered its steepest daily decline in 12 years.
The bank's deputy chief of economic research Fernando Rocha said the devaluation could have an effect on Brazil, but declined to elaborate.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.