Carrefour seals deal to buy 127 Klepierre malls
PARIS Jan 24 (Reuters) - France's Carrefour said on Friday it signed a binding agreement with real estate group Klepierre to buy a portfolio of 127 shopping malls in Europe, with the deal expected to close in the first half of 2014.
Carrefour said previously that the deal would cost the world's second-largest retailer 2 billion euros ($2.74 billion)and would help revive its flagging European hypermarkets. ($1 = 0.7307 euros) (Reporting by Maya Nikolaeva; Editing by Natalie Huet)
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Ukraine forces end rebel airport blockade
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources