Carrefour seals deal to buy 127 Klepierre malls
PARIS Jan 24 (Reuters) - France's Carrefour said on Friday it signed a binding agreement with real estate group Klepierre to buy a portfolio of 127 shopping malls in Europe, with the deal expected to close in the first half of 2014.
Carrefour said previously that the deal would cost the world's second-largest retailer 2 billion euros ($2.74 billion)and would help revive its flagging European hypermarkets. ($1 = 0.7307 euros) (Reporting by Maya Nikolaeva; Editing by Natalie Huet)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut