Boeing still investigating Japan Airlines battery issue
OSLO Jan 24 (Reuters) - Boeing is still investigating a recent battery cell failure on a Japan Airlines Dreamliner and does not rule out a further modification of the battery based on the investigation, Mike Fleming, the 787's head of services and support, said on Friday.
Fleming said there has been no battery cell failures on any Dreamliners mid flight since the company redesigned the battery last year and built a containment box around the battery.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Court orders Russia to pay some $50 billion in damages to Yukos shareholders
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police