Boeing still investigating Japan Airlines battery issue
OSLO Jan 24 (Reuters) - Boeing is still investigating a recent battery cell failure on a Japan Airlines Dreamliner and does not rule out a further modification of the battery based on the investigation, Mike Fleming, the 787's head of services and support, said on Friday.
Fleming said there has been no battery cell failures on any Dreamliners mid flight since the company redesigned the battery last year and built a containment box around the battery.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |