Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Jan 24 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* India's Bharti Airtel plans to sell most of its transmitter towers in Africa, in a process that could raise up to $2 billion for the country's top telecom operator and help reduce its debt.
* Bidders for the oil and gas exploration offshoot of German utility RWE AG value the unit in a wide range between 3.5 billion euros ($4.8 billion) and 5 billion, two sources familiar with the transaction said on Thursday.
* T. Rowe Price Group sent a letter this week to Time Warner Cable urging the cable company to have talks with smaller cable provider Charter about a possible deal, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Britain may announce an order for 14 Lockheed Martin-built F-35 super-stealth jets as early as next week, three sources familiar with the talks told Reuters.
* Activist investor Carl Icahn's stake in e-commerce company eBay Inc is more than previously reported at close to 2 percent, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on