CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens lower as emerging-market assets drop
TORONTO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Friday as expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will scale back its stimulus program next week gathered momentum and weighed on emerging market assets. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 50.58 points, or 0.36 percent, at 13,882.39 shortly after the open.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC