CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens lower as emerging-market assets drop
TORONTO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Friday as expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will scale back its stimulus program next week gathered momentum and weighed on emerging market assets. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 50.58 points, or 0.36 percent, at 13,882.39 shortly after the open.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source