PRESS DIGEST-China - Jan 24
SHANGHAI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- China's retail sales are expected to grow around 13 percent this year, according to Fang Aiqing, vice-head of the commerce ministry.
- China's state assets watchdog has urged state-owned companies to step up the fight against corruption.
China Securities Journal
- U.S. luxury electric car maker Tesla plans to set up a network of power charging stations in China.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
- China's top five state-owned banks have all set their deposit rates to the maximum allowed by regulators to compete for deposits, according to unidentified sources.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |