PRESS DIGEST-China - Jan 24
SHANGHAI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- China's retail sales are expected to grow around 13 percent this year, according to Fang Aiqing, vice-head of the commerce ministry.
- China's state assets watchdog has urged state-owned companies to step up the fight against corruption.
China Securities Journal
- U.S. luxury electric car maker Tesla plans to set up a network of power charging stations in China.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
- China's top five state-owned banks have all set their deposit rates to the maximum allowed by regulators to compete for deposits, according to unidentified sources.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Henrik Fisker is back with a souped up Mustang
- Russia warns U.S. against arms to Ukraine as Biden due in Kiev