China unemployment rate 4.05 pct at end Q4 2013 -labor min
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's urban unemployment rate ticked up slightly to 4.05 percent at the end of December 2013 from 4.04 percent three months earlier, the country's labor ministry said on Friday.
Li Zhong, spokesman of the Human Resources and Social Security Ministry, told a media conference that China's jobless rate was around 4.1 percent for the whole of 2013.
China aims to keep its registered urban unemployment rate below 4.6 percent in 2014, unchanged from its target for 2013.
(Reporting By Xiaoyi Shao and Jonathan Standing)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |