French army kills 11 suspected militants in northern Mali
BAMAKO (Reuters) - French forces killed at least 11 suspected Islamist fighters and seized large amounts of weapons and ammunition during an operation in Mali's northern region of Timbuktu, a French army source in Mali said on Friday.
"The operation was carried out on Wednesday night around a hundred kilometers north of Timbuktu," the source said, requesting anonymity. "Eleven terrorists were killed and one French soldier was wounded."
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |