EU debt mutualisation would end structural reform -Germany
PARIS Jan 25 (Reuters) - Mutualising public debt in the euro zone would remove any incentive to implement structural economic reforms and therefore Germany will not allow it, Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Saturday.
Asked at the World Economic Forum in Davos whether Berlin's new left-right Grand Coalition would make it easier to pursue bolder solutions to the euro zone debt crisis, he said: "Mutualisation of debt would be the end of structural reform."
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |