EU debt mutualisation would end structural reform -Germany
PARIS Jan 25 (Reuters) - Mutualising public debt in the euro zone would remove any incentive to implement structural economic reforms and therefore Germany will not allow it, Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Saturday.
Asked at the World Economic Forum in Davos whether Berlin's new left-right Grand Coalition would make it easier to pursue bolder solutions to the euro zone debt crisis, he said: "Mutualisation of debt would be the end of structural reform."
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions