Explosion heard near police building in Egyptian city of Suez: state TV
CAIRO (Reuters) - An explosion was heard on Saturday near a police building in the Egyptian city of Suez, state television reported.
The building was a camp for riot police in the city, which lies at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal.
One security source told Reuters that three attackers had planted a bomb and fled before the explosion.
(Reporting By Omar Fahmy and Sameh Bardisi; Writing by Maggie Fick; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |