Police identify gunman in Maryland mall shooting, motive unclear
COLUMBIA, Md. Jan 26 (Reuters) - Police identified the gunman in Saturday's deadly mall shooting in Maryland as 19-year-old Darion Marcus Aguilar, and told a news briefing on Sunday morning they were still investigating a motive.
It remains unknown whether Aguilar knew the two shop employees who were killed, Bill McMahon, the Howard County Police Chief, said.
The gunman opened fire with a shotgun in a skate shop at the mall in Columbia, Maryland, about 20 miles (32 km) west of Baltimore, on Saturday before apparently killing himself, police said. (Writing By Jonathan Allen; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks