Police identify gunman in Maryland mall shooting, motive unclear
COLUMBIA, Md. Jan 26 (Reuters) - Police identified the gunman in Saturday's deadly mall shooting in Maryland as 19-year-old Darion Marcus Aguilar, and told a news briefing on Sunday morning they were still investigating a motive.
It remains unknown whether Aguilar knew the two shop employees who were killed, Bill McMahon, the Howard County Police Chief, said.
The gunman opened fire with a shotgun in a skate shop at the mall in Columbia, Maryland, about 20 miles (32 km) west of Baltimore, on Saturday before apparently killing himself, police said. (Writing By Jonathan Allen; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |