'No known relationship' between Maryland mall shooter, victims -police
WASHINGTON Jan 26 (Reuters) - There is "no known relationship" between the gunman and the two people he killed at a Maryland mall, police said on Sunday.
"We are continuing to look for that motive," Howard County Police Chief Bill McMahon told a news conference the day after police said Darion Marcus Aguilar killed a young man and young woman at a mall in Columbia, Maryland, before apparently killing himself.
"We have no known relationship between the victims and our shooter," McMahon said.
Aguilar, 19, had no criminal record, McMahon said, adding authorities had retrieved a journal from the gunman's home, in which "he does express some general unhappiness with his life." (Reporting by Peter Cooney; Editing by Jim Loney)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot