Short selling banned on Banco Popolare shares Mon and Tues
MILAN Jan 27 (Reuters) - Italy's market watchdog Consob banned shortselling on the shares of Banco Popolare for Monday and Tuesday after the bank announced a profit warning and a capital increase, sending its stock sharply lower.
Banco Popolare shares fell 13.5 percent to 1.31 euros by 1202 GMT, dragging other Italian lenders lower on expectations that other banks will need to raise fresh capital.
(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi; editing by Francesca Landini)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Defeated nationalist leader says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |