Short selling banned on Banco Popolare shares Mon and Tues
MILAN Jan 27 (Reuters) - Italy's market watchdog Consob banned shortselling on the shares of Banco Popolare for Monday and Tuesday after the bank announced a profit warning and a capital increase, sending its stock sharply lower.
Banco Popolare shares fell 13.5 percent to 1.31 euros by 1202 GMT, dragging other Italian lenders lower on expectations that other banks will need to raise fresh capital.
(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |