BMO makes offer for F&C Asset Management
LONDON Jan 27 (Reuters) - British fund firm F&C Asset Management said on Monday it had received an offer from Canadian bank BMO Financial Group in what would be an all-cash deal.
F&C said BMO has offered to pay 120 pence in cash per share, and that it has indicated it is likely to recommend a firm offer at the price.
Shares in F&C rose 24 percent on the news and were trading at 115 pence by 1230 GMT.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales