Kuwait's Zain post near-flat Q4 profit
DUBAI Jan 27 (Reuters) - Zain, Kuwait's No.1 telecommunications operator, reported near-flat fourth-quarter profit on Monday, missing analysts' estimates.
The former monopoly, which operates in eight countries in the Middle East and Africa, made a net profit of 51 million Kuwaiti dinars ($180.59 million) in the three months to Dec. 31, it said in an emailed statement.
This was up from 50.5 million dinars in the year-earlier period, Reuters data shows.
Two analysts polled by Reuters had forecast Zain would make a quarterly profit of between 52.1 million dinars and 59.1 million dinars.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey