Lorde's 'Royals' wins song of the year Grammy Award
LOS ANGELES Jan 26 (Reuters) - New Zealand teenager Lorde's "Royals" won the song of the year Grammy Award on Sunday, one of the annual award show's top prizes.
"Thank you to everyone who has let this song explode because it has been mental," Lorde said when accepting the award.
The prize handed out by the Recording Academy in a televised ceremony from Los Angeles honors the writers of the song - Lorde, whose real name is Ella Yelich O'Connor, and Joel Little. (Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Alice, steampunk and a false name: enigma of an American jailed in North Korea
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'